Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Careful with hope, it can get dashed pretty easy...

So, I posted in my last blog about going to Germany for a study abroad. It's been a bit frustrating trying to come up with the money. I know that I'll have the money from summer financial aid, but that money doesn't come in until after I'm supposed to be in Germany. The only other way that I can come up with the rest of the money is to take out a loan. It's not going to be huge, but enough to pay for the rest of the program and the plane ticket, plus some extra for spending money until my financial aid comes in. The only way I can get a loan is if I have a co-signor. I've asked my uncle to be my co-signor. My aunt was a little worried about it understandably. They are still in the adoption process and there are still legal fees. The most that I'll take out is $4000, but I could get away with $3000. I plan on paying it off with the money that I get for fall semester. I have no other choice. I have some ideas for fundraisers and stuff, but I really don't want to have to do them alone. We have a meeting tomorrow and I'll discuss some of my ideas with everybody then. Hopefully they'll be willing to help me, and each other, out. Anyway, today my aunt was on a roll. She kept going on and on about how this could ruin their chances at getting a loan or credit cards to help pay the fees for the adoption. I completely understand that the adoption needs to come first for them. However, it's not as if I'm planning on skipping out on the loan and leaving it to them. Yes, there are risks, I know this. For weeks she's been very supportive about me going. Telling me that we'll figure out a way to get the money, etc. When I first asked them for help with the loan, she was a bit hesitant, but was willing to help. Today it feels as if I've lost the chance to get the money. I don't know who else could help me like this. My parents have gone above and beyond to help me. I don't really have anyone else to do this, and now my hopes have been dashed. I had finally found a cheaper way to get plane tickets. It would cost a couple of hundred dollars less the way I found. Now, I'm not even sure if I'm gonna be able to go.

Why do people do this? Bring you up to pull you down. She was so excited for me, helping me, giving me ideas, praying for me and with me, and now this? I don't know what to do anymore!!! I'm so angry with her. I don't know what happened. It hurts so much, so much.