Saturday, March 12, 2011

Life and Decisions

I figured I'd write something since my sister bugged me and my other blog writing sister to write one. Kendra did so I guess I need to too.

I don't really have too much to write. School is going...great. I'm hating every minute of it. I think I'm starting to hit that point where I need a longer break in between semesters. A couple of days/weeks doesn't work out very well for me. I'm getting burned out and it's showing in my work and attendance. It's become very easy for me to justify skipping/not doing homework. I know that I shouldn't do these things, but at the moment, I just don't care.

Work is going great. I love my job and most of my coworkers. There are some that are PITAs but I just, for the most part, ignore them. Sometimes...you just can't and man oh man can that be hilarious. I won't go into any of the details on here, but trust me, I have some interesting stories to tell.

I'm getting really close to graduating. I only have a few more semesters to go. Then it's on to grad school. I'm trying to decide if I want to do it immediately or wait a while. Get a job, make/save some money, then go onto graduate school. It'll most likely be immediately because if I don't go immediately the chances of me going lessen. I checked out a school in Texas, but I'm not sure if I want to go there. It's a great school with an awesome campus, but they don't offer what I really want. I want to do Public History, which is working with/in museums or with archives. I would love to work in a museum. The school in Texas only offers History or teaching degrees. I have no desire to be an historian, and a teacher, while a wonderful position, isn't what I really want. I'm going to look at a school in Portland. They offer the degree that I want and it's Portland. I've got family there and my best friend is only a few hours away and my other sister and grandparents are only a few hours after that. Texas has it's points. My sisters are there and my nephew and my parents. But, I have to weigh in what I really want and what is best for me, rather than what others want. Or even what is easier for me. I could easily move to Texas, move back in with my parents, live there for free, eat for free, get a free ride to school, but that would be settling. I don't know what I want to do right now, but luckily I have a few more months to figure it out.