Wednesday, October 19, 2011

This one is bound to raise a few eyebrows!

I have seen a lot of intolerance lately on Facebook and it's starting to get to me. Why can't we except each other for who we are? And why must everyone post such mean things? So what if a kid doesn't want to stand up for the flag? It's his choice! So what if a Muslim girl wants to wear her headscarf with her JROTC uniform? Is it really that big of a deal that we have to start picking on a 14 year kid for standing up for her rights and religion? What have we become? We are a great nation who can't get along. We are heading down a path that is down right scary. We have become more and more judgemental and intolerant towards those who think differently from us. We fight about every little thing. Why can't we just listen to the other side and say while I don't agree with you, I understand your point, or will you help me understand your point?
I hate to say this, but Christians are pushing me further and further away from Christianity. They are the least tolerant, most bigoted people. We pray to a god for help for finding our cell phones, but we don't pray to him for help with finding peace, bringing an end to world hunger, or any other sort of atrocities that are out there. I'm slowly losing hope in humanity. I see bits of good in the world, but most everything I see on here is hate disguised in patriotism and Christianity. I know that most of you won't understand what I'm saying and will disagree with me. If you want to call me names so be it. Know that I love my country. We are a great and wonderful nation, however, we are heading down a path that is both terrifying and humilating. We need to step back and realize how incredibly ignorant we look to the rest of the world. We are mocked at and thought of as bullies. I have a deep appreciation of our military and it's troops. My brother is in the Air Force, my father served in both the Army and the Air Guard, my grandfather was in the Navy, my mother was in the Air Force, my uncle was in the Navy. I come from a very proud military history. We are proud to be Americans. Let's show the world who we really are and who we can be. Let's become a people who can be looked up to rather than looked down on!