Sunday, November 28, 2010

From Loneliness to Happiness-Choices

The last couple of days have been kind of rough for me. I've been feeling alone and left out of things. I want to cry about it, but I don't think that there would be anyone who would hear me. My phone isn't working, so I can't call my mom or my sisters. I hate feeling this way, so every time I feel like complaining on here I'm going to write something that's good in my life. Hopefully that will help. It'll be hard, because sometimes it doesn't feel as if there is anything good in my life, but even if it is something small and insignificant, but makes my life just a tad bit better, it'll be good to write about.

It's freezing cold outside and there is about 6 inches of snow on the ground. My room is cold, mainly because I haven't opened my vent in to let the warmth in. That's OK, I like it that way. I read a newspaper article today about a family who was homeless for a while and just recently got an apartment of their own. They were able to make breakfast together as a family for the first time in months and they got a dog. While my living situation isn't ideal, and most every day I wish that I had the means to change it, I'm thankful to know that I'll never have to be homeless. That I have family somewhere that would open their arms and doors to let me live with them until I could get myself situated. I'm grateful that I have the option of open a vent or not. I can't imagine sleeping in weather like this. I have a choice to be warm or not, while there are some out there who don't have that choice. We are lucky that we get to make our choices.

I'm still sad that I'm feeling lonely and left out, but I'll be OK. It's not a quick fix to write these things down, but it does help to lift some of the weight off of my chest. It helps to not think of just myself, especially at this time of year. So, now that I'm done feeling so incredibly sad, I'm going to do something for me-clean my room and then read some Kafka :)

Happy Sunday everyone! I love you all!