Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lost!!

No, not the TV show, but the state of being, lol. I decided to be a nice sister today and drive Kendra to school. Since I had never driven there, I made sure that we got directions going there and coming home. However, stupid Google Maps didn't factor in that one of the streets it had me go on was CLOSED for construction. Portland is kind of like Klamath Falls, in the way that all of the streets are one way and they often just stop and make you go another way. I dropped Kendra off at just around 2 and I didn't get home till right before 4!!! I ended up in Oregon City. You'll have to look it up on a map in conjunction with Beaverton, cause that's where I technically live. Granted I could have been home at around 3:30ish but I had to stop at everyone's favorite office store, Staples :) and I had to check the mail, but the mail lady was in the mail hut, so I couldn't go in. I waited for about 5 minutes for a bank statement...for Holly!!! Ahhh...this day has been nuts. However, I was able to find some interesting stores downtown...Spartacus(hehe), the Buffalo Exchange, and the Crystal Ballroom...I think that is where me, mom, Aunt Sally, and Holly all went to see Dwight Yokam when I was just barely 18. I had my first experience with Portland that day...I should have learned lol.

On a lighter, and happier, note...the printer that mom and dad gave us works!!! Even the ink inside of it is still good, so the ink that I just bought can go into the closest until needed.

Well, I am gonna head out and feed me and the kid some leftover chicken and dumplings....mmmm...leftovers!!!!!

Love you all
Peggie